Tuesday, December 19, 2006

FatBoy didn't give me more than 30 seconds to prep myself, but I got to see my Bestest Friend In The Whole World Today: Doctor Vet!

Going there only twice a year doesn't give me a lot of time to talk to my friend. I'd like to explain my insecurities and feeling of inadequacy, but FatBoy's usually concerned with making sure Dr. Vet sticks enough needles in me, and pours stuff up my nose, that I can't concentrate.

Quibble: even though I'm fur-lined, Dr. Vet's stethoscope always seems on the cold side. I wonder if he stores it in that mini-fridge in between appointments?

While I was there today, I saw One Of My People, although I suspect she's a different race. She was a Chocolate Lab, and since her skin color's different from mine, I must find a way to hate her appropriately. I tried barking and screeching and even attempted to dislocate FatBoy's arm, but nothing worked .. I couldn't get to her! I must practice.

Since FatBoy didn't give me time to prepare (I could've used a Furmination) I wasn't ready to provide The Sample (you know -- stool) that Dr. Vet seems to adore. But, as soon as I got home, I went into the backyard and provided the most enormous, fragrant sample I could squeeze out. FatBoy seemed very pleased, even gathering a bit into a plastic bag. I'm guessing he wanted it for his collection.